Guess what I made?
Wow, it has been over a year since I made Nadir (the first figurine) so it was about fucking time, eigh?
Say hello to Nava! Named after Matthew Nava, the main artist behind the game!
If you’re interested in making your own and/or see the process behind this, here's a tutorial for you!
- This time I actually made a correct hood that was three dimensional and not just flat like the last one. It took a long time to get right but it sure looks good now!
- He’s a bit taller than Nadir, seeing as the cone I use for the body was slighty bigger than the previous one I used (the local hobby store didn’t have that smaller one anymore)
- The scarf isn’t bended the same way as Nadir’s because I was afraid of ruining the white pattern
GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!111
Tags #omggg there's a tutorial YESS #journey #do want
The perfect gift for all your consulting needs.
you gotta be fucking kidding me it’s been like four days
Tags #TH IS IS ALL I E V E R WA NT IN A HO USE #PLEAS EGI V E #DO WANT #AWESOME
This is me telling you about a game you should be playing right now.
It’s called Gone Home. It’s an exploration game, where you walk around clicking on things and trying to figure out what happened.
In this case, you’re Katie, a young woman who’s just come home after a year in Europe and discovers an empty house and the feeling that something isn’t right.
This is why you should play it:
- It’s not horror. It has spooky vibes, and you might start to think that something is going to come out at you, but nothing does.
- It’s an independent game by a group of kickass people called The Fullbright Company.
- It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- It’s short - it’s only around three hours, but then you can play it again with things unlocked or all the lights on, and really explore all the areas of the house.
- Were you a teenage girl in 1995? Do you wish you were a teenage girl in 1995? Get ready for a fucking nostalgia trip like no other. Home-taped X-Files videotapes. A “I want to believe” poster. A Lisa Frank binder. Electric typewriters. Riot grrl zines. Bratmobile and Heavens to Betsy on cassette tapes.
- I don’t want to give away too many spoilers, but it’s a queer love story. And it will kill you with everything about it.
- Fullbright Company had a place at PAX. They could’ve really sold Gone Home there and made some big cash. Then Mike and Jerry, the douchebros behind Penny Arcade and PAX started being douchebros again. And Fullbright said “No, we’d rather not be associated with you and your douchebaggery.”
Just, please. Support it. It’s such a fucking great game.
Reblogging this in lieu of writing my own Gone Home post — I just finished playing through it and I do not think I could be as coherent as this about it.
The game tells a great story; the house is moody and huge and terrifying but (most of) the things you learn poking through the rooms are quiet and personal and I already know I’ll want to play through it again, once I’ve let it sit in my brain for a bit.
I’ve been raving about this game for five months.
Y’all had me at “Lisa Frank binder,” I have to admit. Refusing to ally themselves with Penny Arcade is significant gravy, though.
Crest of Hyrule, on a sweater from earlier this year. Now it’s really winter I’m dreaming of a new nerdly knitting project….
winter coats by xiaolizi
The first and second coats… *makes grabby hands*
Tags #the blue or grey ones so mUCH #do want #zillyqueue
Two wing wraps are available and ready to ship! http://missmonster.myshopify.com/
Hand dyed 90” long wing wrap. Drapes over the shoulders or can be wrapped around your body. Add a fancy cloak clasp for an even more dramatic look! These are hand dyed with lasting high quality materials.
Each wrap is one of a kind, no two will ever be the same. I’m offering these as i make them, you are buying the exact wrap pictured. They take awhile to produce but i will try to make them available as often as i can.
The red wrap has cool iridescent dots while the grey has dramatic gold accents. All dyes and paints and been heat set.
50/50 wool/polyester material. Do not machine wash or dry clean! Spot clean only with water, do not use solvents. The fabric is dyed and heat set but due to the handmade nature of this piece please treat it with care.