My favorite poet of all time was known for writing whenever he felt like it and never going back to correct a single word of what he’d done
I just had a moment like that
and no surprises, intense tenderness ensues…
Okay SILLY DAVE/KANAYA FIC SPENT PROBABLY IN THE FIRST METEOR YEAR WHERE DAVE GOES AND GETS HIMSELF VAMPIRE-FIED.
G-rated fluff and silliness ensues.
Written for Chaps, because she’s infected me and there needs to be more of this ship in the world
(oh and there’s a silly pixel gif in the end)
For some reason you feel as if someone should have taught you this a long time ago, but as years upon years of common sense go, you only really learn something when you feel the burn of it in your skin. If someone had taught you about this, you imagine it’d be Rose, plastering a huge sign over the machine written in careful and purple caligraphy: “Please don’t play around with this, Dave. Terrible stuff will happen.” But then again, you wouldn’t put it past your sister to have foreseen this sort of stuff and purposefully not giving you a warning, just for the fun of it.
▷ a bunch of john/davesprite fics
Ashes to Ashes by inheritor
Moments in the Yellow Yard by dreamyemptysouls
Sleeping with Ghosts by dreamyemptysouls
i lost myself by coldhope
I’ll Follow You Into The Dark by unrealityfreak
In dreams, we seek by CerbysaurusRex
Lay Me Down by laughablyunimportant (vaguely nsfw)
Creature Comforts by ahmerst
there are definitely others but this should get you started!!
enjoy your tears
Okay LAST ONE
Morning: What my character would say if they woke up in bed next to yours.
It’s only when the bright morning sun starts spilling daggers through the open window that you realize you’ve forgotten something. Sleeping in is always welcome after a particularly busy night, and you’d gladly comply to this, except leaving the blinds unclosed isn’t the best plan to allow this to happen.
More one-year-old JohnRoxy fluff
Date: I will write an account of what would happen if our characters went on a date.
You take your time before the mirror tonight, smoothing over the fabric of your deep blue suit jacket, bringing both hands to adjust the knot of your tie. Even you hair looks somewhat ordered, an achievement granted through way too much effort than should be legal.
Casually reposts JohnRoxy stuff I’ve written ONE EFFING YEAR AGO for ask memes.
Tender: I will write some sweet fluff between our characters.
You’ve come to realize that the best part of your daily routine are the lazy afternoons on the couch, TV turned on, your head on her lap while you lie on your side, controllers in your hands and playing video games together.
▷ Relationships I’d like to see more often in fiction
- The typical “best bros for life” thing where two characters fight battles together and have each other’s back and instead of constantly talking about the little things, hardly talk at all because they know each other too well — with both the characters female. (I’ve noticed that most deep female relationships in books center more around idle chitchat, fashion, and crying. What?)
- Two people who each have things to teach of the same variety (not, for example, one person who can teach street smarts and the other who can teach book smarts) who learn from each other instead of having the typical mentor/student relationship.
- Two people who enjoy talking to each other and trust each other but would never think to ask for the other’s help.
- Somebody with an unappealing personality who treats unwilling others as friends because they believe they’re “owed” friendship the same way the friendzone crowd thinks they’re “owed” romantic and sexual relationships.
- Two people on opposite sides of a major conflict who have decided not to talk about it in order to preserve their relationship.
▷ Dave/Kanaya awkward first date fluff
I promised I’d write it for dearest Chaps because IT’S CUTE AND SHE INFECTED ME, so here goes >3000 words of this.
(Dave is a master of dating, no question at all)
Your name is Dave Strider, and in all honesty, you have no idea what you are doing here right now, or even if your whole idea with all the plans you’ve made and the effort you’ve put into it is any good at all. This might be because you are currently experiencing the biggest wave of nerves you have ever felt in your life, and this is confusing you to no end.